Position: Full Professor
Noemi Pereda Beltran
npereda (at) ub.edu
David Gallardo Pujol
david.gallardo (at) ub.edu
Prof. Albert Maydeu Olivares
Department of Psicologia Clínica i Psicobiologia
Faculty of Psychology, Passeig Vall d’Hebron 171
08035 Barcelona (Spain)
amaydeu (at) ub.edu
His research interest focus on structural equation modeling and item response theory (IRT), and more generally in developing new quantitative methods. His early research focused on social problem solving (how individuals solve real life problems) and optimism. He is probably best known for his research on goodness of fit tests for very sparse categorical data (with applications to educational testing), and models for preference and choice (with applications to marketing but also to personnel selection). His most recent work focuses on goodness of fit testing of structural equation models, statistical models to overcome common method bias, and statistical modeling of faking in personnel selection
· Maydeu-Olivares, A. (2017). Assessing the Size of Model Misfit in Structural Equation Models. Psychometrika, 82(3), 533–558. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11336-016-9552-7
· Maydeu-Olivares, A. (2017). Maximum likelihood estimation of structural equation models for continuous data: Standard errors and goodness of fit. Structural Equation Modeling, 24(3), 383–394. http://doi.org/10.1080/10705511.2016.1269606
· Steenkamp, JBEM & Maydeu-Olivares, A. (2015). On the temporal stability of consumer dispositions: evidence from a twelve-year longitudinal study, 2002-2013. Journal of Marketing Research, 52, 287-308.
· Maydeu-Olivares, A. (2013). Goodness-of-fit assessment of item response theory models. Measurement, 11, 71-101.
· Brown, A. & Maydeu-Olivares, A. (2013). How IRT can solve problems of ipsative data in forced-choice questionnaires. Psychological Methods, 18, 36-52.