Position: Director of the
Clinical Institute of Neuroscience,
Hospital Clinic of Barcelona
Maria Luisa Lazaro Garcia
llazaro (at) ub.edu
Susana Andres Perpiña
Gisela Sugranyes Ernes
Inmaculada Baeza Pertegaz
Astrid Morer Liñán
Rosa Calvo Escalona
Soledad Romero Cela
Olga Puig Navarro
Sara Lera Miguel
Elena de la Serna Gómez
Dr. Josefina Castro-Fornieles
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology
Faculty of Medicine, Casanovas 143
08036 Barcelona (Spain)
+34 93 227 20 70
jcastro (at) clinic.ub.es
The main research lines of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology Research group are the study of: First psychotic episode, affective disorders, subjects at high-risk of developing a psychotic or affective disorder, anorexia and bulimia nervosa and their new management approaches, obsessive-compulsive disorder and autoimmune alterations in obsessive behaviors, addictive behaviors, efficacy and safety of psychoactive drugs, autistic spectrum disorders, the development and validation of clinical scales, and the study of children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
This research group is integrated in the Department of Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatry and in the Neuroscience Institute of the Hospital Clinic. Our aim is to facilitate both clinical research in child and adolescent psychiatry and psychology and to collaborate with groups specialized in genetics, neuroimaging and neurobiology. The group has established important collaborations at national (CIBERSAM, Adult Psychiatry Department of Hospital Clinic) and international level (Childhood Psychiatry Group of the European College of Neuopsychopharmacology, other European groups through EC projects, the University of Pittsburgh and the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Center of Yale, New Haven). Moreover, it has been recognized as a consolidated research group (2014_SGR_489) by the Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris de Recerca, AGAUR.
· Olga Puig, Rafael Penadés, Inmaculada Baeza, Elena De la Serna, Vanessa Sánchez-Gistau, Miquel Bernardo, Josefina Castro-Fornieles (2014). Cognitive remediation therapy in adolescents with early-onset schizophrenia: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
· Sugranyes G., De La Serna E., Romero S., Sanchez-Gistau V., Calvo A., Moreno D., Baeza I., Diaz-Caneja C., Sanchez-Gutierrez T., Janssen J., Bargallo N., Castro-Fornieles J. (2015). Gray Matter Volume Decrease Distinguishes Schizophrenia From Bipolar Offspring During Childhood and Adolescence. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
· Sanchez-Gistau V., Baeza I., Arango C., Gonzalez-Pinto A., De La Serna E., Parellada M., Graell M., Paya B., LLorente C., Castro-Fornieles J. (2015).The affective dimension of early-onset psychosis and its relationship with suicide. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines.
· Lázaro L, Calvo A, Ortiz AG, Ortiz AE, Morer A, Moreno E, Calvo R, Bargallo N. (2014). Microstructural brain abnormalities and symptom dimensions in child and adolescent patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder: A diffusion tensor imaging study. Depression and Anxiety.
· Sanchez-Gistau V., Baeza I., Arango C., Gonzalez-Pinto A., De La Serna E., Parellada M., Graell M., Paya B., Llorente C., Castro-Fornieles J. (2013). Predictors of suicide attempt in early-onset, first-episode psychoses: A longitudinal 24-month follow-up study. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.