Position: Full Professor
Omar Andres Saldaña Tops
Ana Varela Rey
ana.varela (at) ub.edu
Emma Antelo Gonzalez
Early stage researcher
Lara Longares Hernández
Early stage researcher
Jorge Escartin Solanelles
jordiescartin (at) ub.edu
Prof. Álvaro Rodríguez Carballeira
Department of Social Psychology
Faculty of Psychology, Passeig Vall d’Hebron 171
08035 Barcelona (Spain)
alvaro.rodriguez (at) ub.edu
The “Invictus Research” group is formed by researchers from the Universitat de Barcelona, the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, and the Universidad de Zaragoza. The group also keeps collaborations with researchers of other national and international Universities.
Our principal research lines comprise the phenomenon of psychological abuse and violence in different domains, such as the workplace (workplace bullying or mobbing), the psychology of terrorism (violence of persecution), within abusive groups or cults, in couple relationships, etc.
We conceptualize the phenomenon of psychological abuse and violence as sharing a corpus or common base on each domain where it is manifested. That corpus consists in a continuous application of abusive strategies (i.e., harassment, coercive behaviors, etc.) with the main purpose of gaining domination over an individual or group, either to achieve their subjugation or exclusion.
· Porrúa-García, C., Rodríguez-Carballeira, A., Escartín, J., Gómez-Benito, J., Almendros, C., & Martín-Peña, J. (2016). Development and valiation of the Scale of Psychological Abuse in Intimate Partner Violence (EAPA-P). Psicothema, 28(2).
· Saldaña, O., Rodríguez-Carballeira, A., Almendros, C., & Escartín, J. (2017). Development and validation of the Psychological Abuse Experienced in Groups Scale. The European Journal of Psychology Applied to Legal Context, 9 (2)¸ 57-64.
· Escartín, J., Monzani, L., Leong, F., & Rodríguez-Carballeira, A. (2017). A reduced form of the Workplace Bullying Scale – the EAPA-T-R: A useful instrument for daily diary and experience sampling studies. Work & Stress, 31 (1), 42-62.
· Longares, L., Escartín, J., Barrientos, J., & Rodríguez-Carballeira, A. (2017). Psychological abuse in Spanish same-sex couples: Prevalence and relationship between victims and perpetrators. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research. Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/13511610.2017.1326304
· Longares, L., Escartín, J., & Rodríguez-Carballeira, A. (2016). Collective self-esteem and depressive symptomatology in lesbians and gay men: A moderated mediation model of self-stigma and psychological abuse. Journal of Homosexuality, 63(11), 1481-1501.