Position: Full Professor
Antonio Solanas Perez
antonio.solanas (at) ub.edu
Francesc Salvador Beltran
David Leiva Ureña
dleivaur (at) ub.edu
Rumen Rumenov Manolov
rrumenov13 (at) ub.edu
Ruth Dolado Guivernau
ruth.dolado (at) ub.edu
Elisabet Gimeno Rosell
Early stage researcher
I work on the analysis of social interaction and the modeling and analysis of collective behavior using a computational approach (agent-based models). I develop algorithms and software for the analysis of behavior sequences, and for the simulation of group behavior, specifically the coordinated collective motion in non- human animal groups and agent-based simulation and observation in social systems of primates.
· Quera, V., Beltran, F. S., & Gimeno, E. (2016). Modelling the emergence of coordinated collective motion by minimizing dissatisfaction. Mathematical Biosciences, 271, 154-167.
· Quera, V., Beltran, F.S., Givoni, I.E., & Dolado, R. (2013). Determining shoal membership using affinity propagation. Behavioural Brain Research, 241, 38-49.
· Bakeman, R., & Quera, V. (2011). Sequential Analysis and Observational Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
· Dolado, R. & Beltran, F.S (2011). Dominance hierarchy and spatial distribution in captive red-capped mangabeys (Cercocebus torquatus torquatus): Testing Hemelrijk’s agent-based model. Interaction Studies, 12 (3), 461-473.
· Quera, V., Beltran, F.S., & Dolado, R. (2010). Flocking behaviour: Agent-based simulation and hierarchical leadership. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 13 (2), 8.