Position: Associate Professor
Maria Carmen Triado Tur
ctriado (at) ub.edu
Montserrat Celdran Castro
Prof. Feliciano Villar
Department of Developmental and Educational Psychology
Faculty of Psychology, Pg. Vall d’Hebron 171
08035 Barcelona (Spain)
fvillar (at) ub.edu
His research activity is focused on two areas. Firstly, he has studied generative activities in older age, including the role of grandparenthood in older people’s lives, and the determinants and impact of older people involvement in volunteering tasks or as political activists. Secondly, he has studies long-term residential settings policies and practices, particularly those addressed to guarantee residents’ rights and opportunities for participating. In this respect, attitudes towards different kinds of sexual expression in nursing homes have been one of his main topics of research.
· Villar, F. & Serrat, R. (2017). Changing the culture of long-term care through narrative care: Individual, interpersonal, and institutional dimensions. Journal of Aging Studies, 40. 44-48. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaging.2016.12.007
· Villar, F., Serrat, R. & Celdrán, M. (2016). Participation of Spanish older people in educational courses: The role of sociodemographic and active aging factors. European Journal of Social Policy, 26, 417-427. DOI: 10.1177/0958928716664295
· Villar, F., Serrat, R., Fabà, J. & Celdrán, M. (2016). Attitudes toward masturbation among residents of Spanish residential aged care facilities. Sexual Research and Social Policy, 13, 182-191. DOI: 10.1007/s13178-015-0202-0.
· Villar, F., Serrat, R., Fabà, J. & Celdrán, M. (2016). Staff attitudes and reactions toward residents’ masturbation in Spanish long-term care facilities. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 25, 819-828.
· Serrat, R. & Villar, F. (2016). Older people’s motivations to engage in political organizations: Evidence from a Catalan study. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, 27, 1385-1402. DOI: 10.1007/s11266-016-9710-7